Azamara 2020 itineraries will include new gay-popular destinations like South Africa, French Polynesia and Hawaii. Azamara’s three ships will sail a total of 92 individual cruises with 41 maiden ports, 40 country-intensive voyages, 303 late-night stays and 170 overnight stays.
The 2020 itineraries continue the luxury cruise line’s trademark of spending more time in port, enabling travelers to immerse themselves in the destination. In 2020, Azamara also introduces new Land and Sea packages hosted by luxury outfitter Micato Safaris.
“The addition of our third ship, the Azamara Pursuit, has allowed us to expand our footprint across all seven continents, bringing guests to new destinations, new experiences, and new opportunities,” said Larry Pimentel, President and CEO of Azamara Club Cruises.
Azamara will call in South Africa for the first time in 2020. Each South African itinerary will offer immersive land programs taking travelers on exciting excursions: a visit to South Africa’s famous wine region, as well as wildlife safaris, and a day trip to Shakaland, a living monument of Zulu culture. Safari highlights organized by Micato Safaris include:
- Five-Night Kruger to Cape: A Wildlife & Culinary Safari (offered pre or post-Azamara voyage) Meet the Micato team in Johannesburg for an exploration from Kruger to Cape Town with stops along the way at a notable game reserve. Featuring a visit to the Western Cape, known for its world-class wines and top-quality restaurants.
- Five-Night Wild Wonders of the World – Victoria Falls & Botswana Safari (offered pre or post-Azamara Voyage): Travel through Zimbabwe to Botswana to experience one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Victoria Falls. This expedition also includes a dawn drive through Botswana’s Chobe Game Reserve and an optional helicopter tour of the falls.
French Polynesia and Hawaii
Azamara’s 2020 itineraries will also feature an 18-night maiden voyage to French Polynesia and Hawaii. Some of the land experiences guests can participate in include:
- Eco Local – French Polynesia: Join a marine biologist in this ecotourism and research project on wild, free-ranging dolphins. Learn about the geology of French Polynesia while viewing the dramatic beauty of Moorea from the water. Spinner dolphins, rough-tooth dolphins and pilot whales are seen here.
- Adventure Local – Hawaii: Embark on an underwater exploration of Maui onboard a high-tech passenger submarine. The expedition will pass the “Brig Carthaginian,” a sunken ship from the 1920s that now acts as an artificial reef off the coast of Maui’s Puamana Beach Park.
Azamara’s 2020 itineraries will feature an assortment of specialty voyages including:
- Country-intensive voyages, where guests can explore numerous ports within one country and stay late or overnight in most cities, giving travelers the opportunity to connect to the authentic heart of local life and culture. The new country intensive sailings include Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, and South Africa.
- For the first time, Azamara’s three sister ships will meet on October 8th, 2020 in Koper, Slovenia, where the cruise line will host a grand AzAmazing Evening in port for all guests on all three ships, and then sail together to Venice.
- Azamara’s Holiday Sailings provide the opportunity to take part in celebrations around the world including ringing in the New Year in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Cape Town, South Africa.
- In February 2020, the Azamara Quest will set sail on the brand’s second World Journey from Cape Town to Southampton.
- The Triple Tour is a 42-night voyage from Athens to Copenhagen allowing guests to sail on all three ships, all on one epic voyage.
New Inclusive Stateroom
In addition to new itineraries, Azamara will also introduce a new inclusive stateroom category called Veranda Plus. Offering the same dimensions and features as a Veranda but Veranda Plus will include additional benefits, such as: complimentary internet minutes, one night of specialty dining, priority embarkation and more.
Our Take: Mark and Dale have already raved about Azamara’s cuisine and superb service, plus their amazing special events, and wonderful immersive excursions. Plus this cruise line offers some of the best LGBTQ+ happy hours at sea. So the addition of exciting new itineraries has them wishing they could fast-forward past 2019 to 2020. Dale is especially happy with the addition of French Polynesia. Reading “Mutiny on the Bounty” in 8th grade was the start of his obsession and the well-oiled Tongan Olympic athlete Pita Taufatofua sealed the deal. Guess what destination is Dale’s first choice for a sailing with Azamara in 2020?
Call our travel professional Adam Martindale to book your Azamara cruise today! 1-877-430-MMOB Ext: 702